Tri-City Healthcare District has been serving the North County region for almost 60 years and remains committed to providing high quality healthcare and community services for every individual we encounter regardless of race, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability or socioeconomic status.
Our mission is to advance the health and wellness of the community we serve. In order to achieve our mission, we see, hear and listen to our front line healthcare workers, employees, medical staff and all community stakeholders in order to understand and meet our community’s needs.
Responsible for assisting Emergency Department Registration team members with detailed registration of patient accounts. Primary trainer for team members assigned to the PM and NOC shifts to provide consistency in completion of standard registrations and other associated tasks for the department.
Major Position Responsibilities:
The position characteristics reflect the most important duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job in a fully competent manner. They should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. The characteristics of the position and standards of performance may be changed by TCMC with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment, including unit based safety and infection control requirements.
- Assists with orientation and training of new and current team members to job duties focusing on standard work.
- Reports the progress and abilities of staff to Supervisor:
- Daily “hand-off “meeting with Supervisor: review staffing concerns, communications, and assignments.
- Provides daily email to Supervisor with any issues/questions that were presented and/or resolved during the shift.
- Weekly email to Supervisor confirming training status for each team members initial 90day’s in their position.
- Submit weekly items to be addressed at section HUDDLE.
- Attends meetings with department leadership to discuss problem areas. Helps distribute new and updated information. Provides input and support to overall organization. Acts as liaison between team and leadership.
- Performs duties of the supervisor in their absence with the exception of evaluations, counseling, and disciplinary actions.
- Receives unscheduled absence/tardy calls and makes arrangements for coverage in absence of supervisor. Performs all registration functions with emphasis on accuracy.
- Collaborates with other departments to problem solve ongoing issues that impact department/organizational goals and patient care delivery.
- Completes quality reviews addressing ED Registration holds and/or delinquent data items with collection of data to reflect edits and team members involved in the original registration.
- Responds to hospital disaster plan as needed.
- Works with supervisor/manager to maintain and update departmental Policy & Procedure Manuals annually.
- Assigns work to staff.
- Complete POS collections to meet departmental goals.
- Assists with QA process to insure accuracy.
- Requires 3 years’ experience in hospital or medical office registration, insurance verification and billing.
- Requires typing skills of 35 wpm.
- Requires 3-years’ experience in data entry/CRT experience and 1 year demonstrated working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Minimum 2 years of lead experience, required.
- Direct experience with Cerner registration and/or Quadramed billing system, preferred.
- Must be computer literate, with Microsoft Office application knowledge in Outlook and Excel. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent human relations’ skills including listening, conflict resolution, coaching, and team building.
- Must have ability to demonstrate flexibility in response to unexpected change in work volume and hospital staffing needs.
- Process oriented skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously by prioritizing responsibilities and meeting deadlines required.
- Ability to ensure the confidentiality and rights of patients and the confidentiality of hospital and departmental documents required.
- Working knowledge of Managed Care and obtaining authorizations for payment from various HMO’s, PPO’s, EPO’s, POS’s, Commercial Payers, Government Agencies including Medi-cal, CCS, CMS and other funding sources.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
**To protect the health of patients and staff, and to comply with the new State of California mandates, all job offers are contingent on the successful engagement in the TCMC COVID-19 vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral.)**
TCHD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.