The Clinical Manager holds twenty-four hour accountability for the delivery of quality nursing care and operational management of assigned unit. The job encompasses integration, facilitation, and coordination of the leadership, management, operational, quality improvement coordination, and clinical activities of patient care services. This individual serves as a professional role model, leader, mentor, and clinical resource for nurses and other members of the health care team. Individual is responsible for supervising the shift supervisors and other department employees. Supports the mission and values of the MedicalCenter, and acts as a role model relative to the Medical Center’s Service Care Program. Possess knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the acute care patient population. The Clinical Manager has 24-hour accountability for acute care services, inpatient rehab, and stroke program.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Integration, facilitation, and coordination of the leadership, management, operational, quality improvement coordination, and clinical activities of assigned patient care department.
- Serves as a professional role model, leader, mentor, and clinical resource for nurses and other members of the health care team.
- Maintains working knowledge of local health care issues, community standards as well as providers. Participates in strategic business planning and action implementation.
- Conducts performance assessments and evaluations of staff in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate TCMC staff disciplinary processes.
- May have additional responsibilities specific to department responsible for.
- Ensures the California Department of Correction rules and regulations are followed (Forensics Unit only).
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) years of clinical experience in area of leadership, required.
- Minimum two years of management experience in clinical area, required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, required.
- BSN, required.
- RNC in leadership/administration/clinical specialty within 18 months of hire, required
- Master’s degree (MSN/MBA/MHA or relevant to area of leadership) required within 2 years of hire.
- Current California RN Licensure,required.
- Maintain current BLS certification, required.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.