This position is responsible for the provision of clinical services in support of patient care for Tri-City Medical Center. This individual will assess, plan, implement and evaluate all aspects of care and/or programs and ensure their financial viability. The Director is responsible for ensuring that twenty-four hour accountability for the delivery of quality services and operational management of Emergency Services is consistently provided. Understands and adheres to the California Nurse Practice Act, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for nurses, the ANA Bill of Rights for Registered Nurses, and the ANA Scope and Standard for Nurse Administrators. The job encompasses integration, facilitation and coordination of the leadership, management, operational, and clinical activities of services. The individual must consistently support the mission and values of the Medical Center, and acts as a role model relative to the Medical Center’s Service Care Program. Ensures that direct care providers are competent to age appropriate care to patient population.
Major Position Responsibilities:
Assure the Mission, Vision and Values of Tri-City Medical Center are represented in all decisions for the delivery of excellent services.
Provide overall management and strategic leadership for the Emergency, Behavioral Health and Crisis Stabilization departments.
Responsible to assess, plan, implement and evaluate all aspects of care and/or programs and ensure their financial viability.
Provide a depth and breadth of knowledge to promote a culture of accountability, safety and continuous improvement.
Leads performance improvement initiatives departmentally and organization wide.
Responsible for ensuring that twenty-four hour accountability for the delivery of quality services and operational management of assigned area(s) is consistently provided.
Serve as professional role model, leader, mentor and clinical resource of the health care team.
Participate as a member of the NEC and the leadership team.
Responsible for monthly productivity, utilization, and operational reports for assigned departments.
Works with Finance to set budgets for departments. Adheres to budget guidelines.
Manage and mentor excellent customer relations and employee communications.
Provide direction for department leadership to meet department and organizational goals.
Utilize evidenced based practice to ensure quality patient care.
Prioritize and respond promptly to a changing workload.
Consistently ensure that staff possesses knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient population.
Responsible for staff time and attendance, performance evaluations, interviewing, hiring and coaching/counseling.
Communicate and document effectively through oral, written, or electronic means.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum five (5) years management experience in related field, required.
- Minimum three (3) years critical care nursing experience, required.
- Working knowledge of Behavioral Health & Crisis Stabilization.
- Must be dependable, have integrity, initiative, tact, ability to work on details, ability to learn and possess a sense of values and ethical standards.
- Experience with product line development preferred.
- Computer literate.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Leadership demonstration of openness to change thorough implementation of creative programs that support achievement of strategic initiatives.
- Self-learning needs and strategies to enhance current competency to respond to new leadership demands.
- Proven record of accomplishment of mastery of the fundamental leadership skills of planning, organizing, facilitating, coordinating, collaborating, execution and ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with all levels of the organization.
- Must also have the ability to train and develop other personnel by providing them with the knowledge gained through years of experience on the job.
- Possess knowledge of the business of health care along the continuum of care, clinical decision support data analysis/syntheses and quality improvement, regulatory and legislative issues.
- Understands physiological principles involved in the care of the critically ill and acute care patient
- Current in Bioethical issues in healthcare.
- Understands concepts of business growth and marketing.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration, Business Administration, or related field required. May consider candidate currently enrolled in Master’s program if completed within 12 months of hire.
Current BLS certification, required; American Heart Association
Current ACLS certification, required; American Heart Association
PALS within 180 days of hire, required; American Hearth Association
NVCI within 90 days of hire or by the end of orientation, whichever comes first, required.
NIH Stroke Scale within 90 days of hire, required.
CEN required or obtained within 18 months of hire.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.