A Certified Home Health Aide performs hygiene services and other related supportive tasks for patients in the home according to a plan of care developed by a Registered Nurse.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Proficient in providing personal care activities.
- Observes patient status and appropriately identifies what must be reported to the primary RN.
- Communicates accurately and appropriately with staff and patients.
- Adheres to legal and safety standards.
- Documentation completed according to agency policy.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
- One year of patient care experience in a skilled nursing, acute care, or long term care facility, required. Home health/hospice experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write and carry out directions.
- Graduate of an accredited Certified Home Health Aide program, required.
- Current State Certification as a Home Health Aide, required.
- Current California Drivers License and auto liability insurance, required.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.