This position is responsible for accurately scheduling patient appointments in an efficient and timely manner, and for providing outstanding customer service.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accurately and timely scheduling patient appointments with the appropriate information obtained.
- Answers telephone calls and routine inquires.
- Processes and documents all calls through the computer system per policy and procedure.
- Obtains accurate information from the physician/office/patient or institution in order to schedule appointments appropriately.
- Communicates information in a clear and concise and professional manner at all times.
- Meets internal and external customer service expectations.
- Promotes departmental and clinic continuous quality and performance improvement.
- Process patient charts/medical records in preparation for clinic/Telemedicine visits (OP Forensics).
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Two (2) years’ experience scheduling appointments in a medical clinic environment or hospital, required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access, required.
- Excellent, professional and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with diverse groups of people, required.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology, preferred.
- Maintains utmost confidentiality, required.
- Cerner computer charting, preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.