Performs administrative and other support activities to assist the Medical Staff to comply with its obligations under the Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Policies and Procedures, accreditation standards and regulatory requirements.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Maintain current knowledge of Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Policies & Procedures, Department/Division Rules and Regulations
- Maintain current and accurate data in credentialing database.
- Maintain the Emergency Department Call schedule and related activities.
- Track, update and maintain data by expiration dates.
- Complete functions necessary to maintain CME accreditation
- Coordinate all graduate medical education activities
- Prepare responses to verification requests and other requests for information
- Manage medical record delinquency letters/fines process
- Assist with support of Medical Staff committees, departments, divisions as needed
- Assist with other functions as necessary to support the Medical Staff office activities
- Minimum of 3 years Medical Staff office experience, required.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and regulatory requirements, required.
- Computer proficient, including medical staff database software, Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines for multiple tasks
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Some college preferred
- Previous or current CPCS or CPMSM, preferred