Responsible for assisting Department with meetings, scheduling, filing, answering phones, and all administrative functions. Assists the Manager, Director and staff in daily activities related to assigned department. Responsible for setting up meetings, answering the phones, and providing support to staff and customers. Provides secretarial support for meeting minutes, agenda meeting planning and other duties to support the department. Responsible for receipt and distribution of mail. Able to communicate effectively with staff and customers. Upholds the mission and goals of Tri-City Medical Center.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for answering phones and providing support to staff and customers
- Assists the Director, Manager and staff in daily activities related to the department.
- Set up department meetings.
- Provides secretarial support for meetings, committees and educational events.
- Files, enters data into computer, distributes mail, and other performs other administrative department duties.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities:
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
- Ability to type 50 wpm accurately; filing skills, required.
- Two years secretarial experience required. Medical experience preferred
- Knowledge of computer functions and current software applications to include Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate effectively utilizing both written and verbal skills, required.
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods of time, required.
- Ability to prioritize daily workload to meet multiple deadlines, required.