Major Position Responsibilities:
- Prepares the patient for the test by explaining the process and by instructing the patient prior to the test.
- Performs a proper skin prep, (including shaving if necessary to obtain good lead contact) and accurate lead placement.
- Operates ECG equipment, including specialized equipment such as treadmills and ECG carts.
- Records the ECG and sends it to the archival system.
- Screens the ECG for gross arrhythmias or ST changes and reports such events of concern to the physician.
- Performs edits in the system as dictated by the reading physician.
- Maintains accurate & complete computer files for procedures and assist with any other paperwork as needed.
- Maintains equipment in operating order and notifies supervisor of needed repairs.
- Utilizes effective communication and interpersonal relationship skills when interacting with others.
- Responds to all acute emergency situations in a timely manner.
- Assist with training of electrocardiograph new employee technicians.
- Performs treadmills in cardiology and outpatient imaging center.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
- 1 year clinical ECG experience required (EKG Tech only)
- High School diploma or GED.
- ECG certification required.
- BLS certification.
- CCT and RCS preferred.
- Knowledge of ECG equipment, including specialized equipment such as treadmills and ECG carts.
- Knowledge of computer software.
- Knowledge of patient care.
Will consider certified EMT with 1 year clinical experience as an EMT.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.