A professional caregiver who works independently. The Ultrasound Tech is responsible for the accurate performance of diagnostic and therapeutic sonography examinations in accordance with established procedures and policies. Uses independent judgment in determining the need for radiologist intervention and takes additional images if needed. Maintains professional standards of conduct and ethics and follows all regulatory and safety guidelines. Contributes to total patient care in a manner consistent with TCMC’s mission and values.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- A professional caregiver who works independently as well as under the guidance of the Manager or Supervisor.
- The Ultrasound Tech is responsible for the performance of diagnostic and therapeutic sonography examinations.
- Performs exams accurately and independently in accordance with established procedures and policies in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and conditions in patients of all ages.
- Uses independent judgment in determining the need for radiologist intervention and takes additional images if needed.
- Follows all regulatory guidelines and safety precautions.
- Maintains professional standards of conduct and ethics as outlined in department expectations and professional organizations.
- Contributes to total patient care by accessing pertinent patient information; processes images; assures correct images; accurate billing and file documentation; records information related to exams into department computer system.
- Performs other activities in support of clinical team members when not engaged in imaging activities.
- The Ultrasound Tech provides services in a manner consistent with TCMC’s mission and values.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- Good Customer Service Skills, required.
- Experience in performing peripheral vascular exams including extra-cranial carotid, upper and lower extremity arterial including digits, and upper and lower extremity venous, required.
- Experience performing diagnostic abdominal, OB/GYN procedures, required.
- Experience in both general and vascular ultrasound, required.
- Graduate of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers Program, and/or
- Associate of Arts Degree with certificate of completion of a certified two-year college based ultrasound program, required.
- ARDMS, required. Will consider registry eligible for ARDMS with certification obtained within 22 months of hire date.
- RVT within 36 month of hire, required.
- Maintain certification and all continuing educational credits, required.
- Current BLS, required.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.