The Interface Engineer performs requirements analysis, development, testing, implementation, maintenance and overall support for data transfer applications, as well as, other enterprise and local applications and connectivity beyond the organizational boundaries to create interoperability with local providers and health exchanges.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Manages the entire cycle of interface application development including analysis, design, specification, implementation, documentation, testing, go-live and support. *
- Working closely with application teams, subject matter experts, and third-party application experts to determine the business needs for interfaces, document the requirements, and configure the interfaces per the requirements. Working with this group to diagnose and resolve interface-related issues, and participating in their projects as needed. *
- Providing proactive support by monitoring live interfaces and collaborating with experts to provide permanent resolutions to problems. *
- Supports, troubleshoots, and upgrades the interface engine. *
- Creates, maintains pass thru flat files for 3rd party entities. *
- Maintains audits, documents and troubleshoots TCMC Interfaces and interface engine.
- Responsible for customer integrations received from modalities via DICOM SR and web services APIs.
- Researches technical, interface and integration problems and routinely applies troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain concurrence of HL7 standards and translation requirements.
- Assist in development, writing and testing of various clinical, financial and quality reports.
- Manage the flow of information between internal & external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* Essential Functions
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 5 years’ experience creating and maintaining HL7 interfaces, required.
Expert knowledge of HL7 version 2.x message types and segment/field mapping, required.
Advanced technical skill set with strong problem-solving skill set, required.
Experience with Microsoft OS, SQL, required.
Experience with shell scripting languages (for example: Korn, Perl), required.
Knowledge of TCP/IP security, networking and data transport methods, required.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint and Visio, required.
Knowledge of Infor Cloverleaf integration engine, required.
Knowledge of Cerner’s CCL scripting language, FHIR, REST and web services APIs, required.
Ability to problem solve/troubleshoot interface issues through research, required.
Ability to organize & prioritize a heavy workload with competing priorities, required.
Ability to review specifications and architect interfaces based on their design and performs complex data analysis in support of report writing, required.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Information Technology or related field, preferred.
May consider comprehensive related experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Cloverleaf certification, preferred.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.