A professional caregiver who works independently under the guidance of the Lead MRI Technologist. Contributes to total patient care by accessing pertinent patient information; processes images; assures correct images; accurate billing and file documentation; records information related to exams into department computer system. The MRI Technologist provides services in a manner consistent with TCMC’s mission and values.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the performance of all aspects of MR imaging, accurately and in accordance with established procedures and policies in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases in patients of all group.
- Follows all regulatory guidelines and MR safety precautions.
- Maintains professional standards of conduct and ethics as outlined in department expectations and professional organizations.
- Performs other activities in support of clinical team members when not engaged in imaging activities.
- Support radiology modalities as needed.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- 1 year experience as an MRI technologist required, 2 years preferred.
- Good Customer Service Skills;
- Experienced in the medical field.
- Must be a graduate of an approved Radiologic Technology Program, Nursing School, or MR Course.
- CRT (California Registered Technologist) license or RN required.
- ARRT-MR (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) license required or ARMRIT Registry within 9 months of hire or job assignment, required.
- BLS required upon hire
- Venipuncture certification, required within 6 months of hire.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.