The front desk receptionist-Check-in/Check-out provides patients and guests with a positive in-person impression. Works with the practice patients, clinical teams, and business offices on accurately checking in, collecting ID and Insurance Cards, signatures and copay/deductible, balances for the physician, MRI or Physical Therapy visit. The front desk ensures timely patient flow into the back office, reports any delays to the patients and/or physician teams. The front desk/check out will ensure that patient satisfaction goals are met or exceeded.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately ensures that all visit paperwork is ready at time of visit
- Verifies, collects and scans patient ID card, insurance ID card into PM/EHR system
- Collects and scans any needed signatures on financial, HIPAA and arbitration forms
- Collects co-pay, coinsurance, deductible or balances due
- Updates all patient demographic information into the Practice Management system
- Enters all required MACRA measurements onto EHR at the time of arrival
- Scans front office documents into EHR system and catalogs to patients chart
- Schedules follow up appointments as necessary
- Schedules new patient appointments, walk-ins or as needed
- Coordinates patient pick-up with preferred facilities
- Uses a friendly voice, speaks clearly and understandably
- Provides information needed for patient visit including directions to the appointment location/s
- Strives for maximum patient satisfaction and mentioning on Patient Satisfaction Reports
- Uses effective communication techniques to engage the patient and welcome them into the practice
End of Day
- Balances physical cash, check and credit collections
- Balances against PM reports
- Turns money into Billing Office at the end of each day
- Works in collaboration with registration, telephone and clinical personnel
- During times of high volume or absenteeism, Receptionist may be asked to provide cross coverage for check-in or check-out
- May assist patient with forms completion in person
- Ensures that patient confidentiality is always protected, both audible and visible
- HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices is on display and given to all new patients and then every three years
- Ensure compliance with all medical practice regulations, such as, but not limited to; HIPAA and OSHA
- Performs additional duties as assigned
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean environment, including department/unit based safety and infection control requirements.
ESSENTIAL ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIORS
- Demonstrates behaviors that are consistent with the Medical Center’s Mission and Values
- Performs job responsibilities in an ethical, compliant manner consistent with the Medical Center’s values, policies, procedures and code of conduct.
- Works well with team members toward a common purpose. Reinforces the efforts and goals of the work group. Supports the team’s decisions, regardless of individual viewpoint.
- Demonstrates flexibility in schedules and assignments in order to meet the needs of the Work Unit/Department.
- Utilizes, maintains, and allocates equipment and supplies in a cost effective and efficient manner. Improves productivity through proper time management
- Seeks feedback from customers and team members in order to identify and improve processes and outcomes.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Insurance (HMO, PPO
- High School Diploma (Required)
- Front Desk experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in health care
- Understands insurance verification for new and current patient\
- Strong background in customer service
- Competent in the areas of leadership, teamwork and cooperatio
- Demonstrates strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity
- Effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral, written and persuasive skill
- Bilingual, Preferred
- BLS Preferred