This position is responsible for performing credentialing activities and other Medical Staff functions in accordance with Joint Commission accreditation standards, state and federal regulatory requirements. Specific responsibilities may include involvement in initial credentialing, reappointments, CME functions, ED call schedule, committee/department meeting support, monitoring and updating expirables and other administrative tasks as described in the Medical Staff Credentialing Specialist Job Description. Uphold the mission and goals of Tri-CityMedicalCenter.
Major Position Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will also include the following, as assigned:
- Support assigned Departments/Committee, including scheduling, preparing agenda, completion of minutes, and follow-up.
- Track, maintain, and process proctoring.
- Prepare reports for Departments, Divisions, Committees, and the Board of Directors.
- Process incoming mail/correspondence.
- Process, ensure mail-out, and track all requests for initial application packets.
- Ensure completion and perform all aspects of initial comprehensive credentialing.
- Process requests for Temporary Privileges.
- Process and maintain changes to privileges and/or staff status.
- Prepare, track, and ensure timely mail-out of all reappointment packets, when requested.
- Track and maintain acceptance of initial application fees, reappointment dues, and various fines, as requested.
- Preparation of Board Approval Letters and carrying out related processes.
- Ensure updating and maintaining of the privileging module.
- Assist with tracking, updating, and maintaining all expiring licensures and other various documents on a monthly basis, when requested.
- Responsible for obtaining, reviewing, and processing of monthly Disciplinary/Sanction Reports from the Medical Board of California.
- Coordinate accredited CME program duties as requested, which includes but is not limited to; supporting committee meeting, maintaining regulatory compliance, and related functions.
- Maintain monthly ED call schedule when requested, including but not limited to; preparation, distribution and reconciliation for stipends and related duties.
- Ensure support, maintenance, and updating of the credentialing database system and other various hospital-wide database systems.
- Preparation and distribution of the Medical Staff roster, as requested.
- Perform other duties as requested by the manager.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively utilizing both written and verbal skills.
- Previous Medical Staff credentialing experience (3-5 years), required.
- Demonstrated keyboard ability for word processing.
- Ability to use hospital data system to capture various reports as necessary
- Basic secretarial and clerical skills in order to prepare and complete minutes, agendas, reports and other documentation.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time with repetitive motions, such as typing.
- Ability to work alone in close quarters with others, performing different tasks.
- Ability to prioritize daily workload to meet multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards and regulatory requirements
- High-school diploma or GED, required.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.