Performs clinical laboratory test procedures according to the quality control and quality assurance procedures of the department. Performs instrument maintenance, instrument troubleshooting and inventory control with thorough and accurate documentation.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Performs accurate work at a speed and volume consistent with the turnaround time goals of the department.
- Prioritizes the workflow to ensure that all testing to be performed on priority patients is completed first.
- Instrument maintenance and function checks are performed and documented.
- Quality control procedures are performed and documented appropriately.
- Quality assurance procedures are performed and documented appropriately.
- Demonstrates a high level of concern for the patient and all Laboratory clients; communicates ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Familiar with infection control policies of the department, and adheres to all such policies, including wearing of lab coats, gloves and other PPE.
- Participates in appropriate continuing education programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
- Work requires the knowledge and skills necessary to provide direct patient care appropriate to patient population. Pediatric (1-13 years of age); adolescent (14-28 years of age); adult (19-65 years of age); Elderly (65 years and older).
- Meets education requirements for CLS licensure.
- Valid California license as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist required.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.