Provides assistance to the Healthcare Team in performing complex patient lifts, transfers, and positioning of patients. Other primary duties include the transfer/transporting/discharging of patients to designated areas of the medical center.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Perform complex patient lifts
- Perform patient transfers
- Perform patient positioning Q 2 hours
- Blood pick-up/specimen drop-off
- Transfer/transport/discharge patients/Cadillac Transport
- Active member of Code Teams/RRT
- Ortho equipment set-up
- Body rotation in the Morgue
- Notify RN of potential skin and wound concerns observed prior to moving patient
- Assist with prevalence studies and turning patients
- Assist with patient moves during complex dressing changes
- Assist with patient hygiene ADLs
- Member of Dr. Strong Team
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to lift and transport patients greater than 100 pounds, required.
- Read, write, and speak English, required.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Certified Nurse Assistant required or currently enrolled in an RN program and completed the fundamentals of nursing including initial assessment and taking vitals.
- Internal Transfers - Will consider direct patient care experience at Tri-City Healthcare District or EMT certification in lieu of CNA certification.
- BLS from the American Heart Association Healthcare Provider, required
- NVCI certification required within 90 days of hire or transfer to this position
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.