Responsible for providing reasonable protection and security to the Medical Center, the employees, patients, medical staff and visitors and to their property from accident, damage, theft and trespassing.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Perform duties in a manner that provides protection to the MedicalCenter, the employees, patients, visitors and medical staff and of their property. Provide escort services to and from vehicle parking areas of employees, patients and visitors, especially in the hours of darkness.
- Assist, when requested, with any MedicalCenter safety or security detail.
- Assist the cashiers in the transferring of monies within the medical center.
- Provide assistance and control in problems related to parking. This includes the issuance of parking violation warnings as per MedicalCenter and Security Department policies and procedures.
- Functions with an awareness and application of safety issues as identified within the medical center, including assistance in maintaining clear hallways.
- Follows established policy and procedures in emergency situations.
- Maintains all unit specific and educational requirements.
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- Must have and maintain a telephone contract in case of emergency or duty requirement.
- Prefer a minimum of two to four years of police or security related experience or college related courses in the area of Security, Criminology or Management.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- NVCI Training within 90 days of hire or transfer, required.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.