Provides direct and indirect patient care to clinic patients and their families utilizing the nursing process of comprehensive patient assessment, development, and implementation of a plan of care and patient education and ongoing evaluation. The care delivered will be based on theoretical principals and scientific knowledge and within the scope of the California Nurse Practice Act. Following established clinical standards and operating within your scope of practice, provide in-office OB/GYN services, including prenatal visits, GYN visits, and both gynecological and urogynecologic procedures. This individual has the primary responsibility for providing clinical services. Assists in the assessment, development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of clinical services. Implements clinical programs as appropriate. Develops and evaluates clinical policies and procedures, forms, and monitoring tools. Assists in continuous quality improvement activities. Functions professionally as an active member of a multidisciplinary team to coordinate efforts that maximize clinical and financial outcomes. Works collaboratively with Physicians and other health care employees to effectively manage the health care needs of patients.
Major Position Responsibilities:
Responsible for providing and coordinating clinical care
Assesses all patients to determine appropriate treatment plan with direct oversight by physician
Respond to Patient Clinic obstetric and gynecologic patient phone calls, clinic nursing staff needs, prescription refills
Monitors and reports outcomes, assesses/identifies barriers to care and works with the interdisciplinary care teams to address barriers. Provides education to staff and the patient.
Oversees the assessment, development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of clinical services.
Assesses the health status of patients by obtaining health histories and performing exams.
Access and refer any patient needing alternate care outside of facility.
Compile, prepare, and present monthly statistics and reports to executive management as needed. Attend meetings, discussions and workshops applicable to position responsibilities.
Develops and evaluates clinical policies and procedures, forms, and monitoring tools.
Responsible for continuously improving the quality of care and services provided.
Coordinate efforts that maximize clinical and financial outcomes.
Works collaboratively with the Physicians, Health Care Professionals and other Staff to efficiently and effectively provide clinical services.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE.
- Minimum of 2 years Nurse Practitioner experience, required (may consider less than 2 years Nurse Practitioner experience with a minimum of 5 years RN Acute care experience).
- Completion of all Nurse Practitioner clinical requirements, required.
- Knowledge of and able to use personal computers, required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly, preferred.
- Experience in Women’s Health, required.
- Experience with office-based procedures, preferred.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Graduate of accredited school of Nurse Practitioner, required.
- Current California Nurse Practitioner License, required.
- Current BLS certification, required.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.