Performs evaluations, develops and implements treatment plan for adult and/or geriatric populations with various diagnoses. Maintains professional standards of conduct and ethics as outlined in department expectations and professional organizations. Provides education to patients, families, caregivers and other health professionals. Assists in the supervision of other staff members as appropriate.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Independent, competent time management and scheduling of a patient caseload spread out over specific geographic area
- Clinical competence with flexibility of skills for delivering quality patient care in a wide variety of home settings
- Effective education for patient and caregivers regarding follow-up of various rehabilitation tasks for maximum recovery and safety.
- Continual communication with peers regarding all areas of patient care
- Accurate and timely documentation according to all agency policies
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities:
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a staff therapist in an acute hospital, SNF, or home care/outpatient setting required.
- At least one year recent Medicare certified home health experience, preferred (Home care only)
- Experience with the geriatric population with a wide variety of medical diagnoses, preferred
- Licensed or eligible for licensure by the Physical Therapy Board of California, required
- California driver’s license, required
- Current auto insurance, required
- Current BLS certification, required
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.