The Client/Server Network Technician works under the direction of the Technical Services Manager, and with the technical guidance of the Technical Services senior team members, to assure the integrity and reliability of Client components of the TCMC Network.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Installs, configures, tests and troubleshoots key Client technologies (Windows, Microsoft Outlook, workstations, network interface cards, and print servers).
- Assists Client/Server Network Specialists and Technical Services team members in implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting key Server and Data Communications technologies (Network Operating Systems, routers, switches, hubs).
- Works collaboratively with other Technical Services team members to deliver excellent customer service in solving Client systems problems expeditiously. Responds to Service Desk calls and work orders in a timely manner, and solves problems by direct intervention or by obtaining needed support from technical staff or management. Follows up with customers to assure that service meets expectations, and documents problems and solutions.
- As Customer Support team member, participates in providing input to a regular review of the network, assessment of new technologies, and incorporation of appropriate technologies into the network design.
- Evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of Client hardware and software, makes improvements as needed, and makes recommendations to the Technical Services Manager for required new hardware and software.
- Assists in Client software security controls and virus protection, and assures that preventive and audit measures are in place to reduce the risk of security violations.
- On a rotating schedule with other Technical Services staff:
- provides coverage for early morning computer operations, as needed,
- provides evening, night, weekend and holiday on call support, as needed, for the operation of Client network devices
- when on call, obtains backup emergency consulting support from Information Technology engineers, analysts or managers, as needed
- Assists in configuring network devices, using login scripts, print queue management, terminal emulation, and other techniques, to assure that network devices receive network services, such as email and file/print services, correctly and efficiently.
- Effectively uses technology management tools, to implement and maintain Client hardware and software.
- Seeks out and shares information from vendors and other facilities to stay abreast of new technologies, and to appropriately match technologies to TCMC requirements.
- Participates in the development and implementation of process improvement projects ensuring the continued delivery of quality products and services.
- Participates in creating an effective multidisciplinary approach to meeting Information Technology challenges.
- Performs additional duties to assist the organization in maximizing the use of its resources.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities:
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Successful completion of comprehensive technical coursework in PC installation/maintenance, software installation, and problem resolution
Minimum of 1 years experience as a field technician
Other technical certifications desirable
Must be able to demonstrate technical expertise and logical troubleshooting techniques which lead to a successful outcome