This Back Office Medical Assistant performs a variety of clinical and clerical responsibilities to assist care providers in examination and treatment of patients. Enters pertinent information into patient charts, and performs related clerical tasks. Responsible for assisting the physician with all aspects of patient care including: rooming patients, taking vitals, and documenting patient histories.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to provide a high level of customer service and to work with patients of all ages with diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Collects vital signs and patient history, collects specimens and performs basic laboratory tests, as directed by physician in addition to other clinical tasks.
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, and following company standards and policies.
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist with setup and cleanup of office procedures; equipment sterilization; medication administration; accurate documentation in electronic health record and medical supply inventory management.
- Adheres to all medical practice policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- One to two years’ experience as a medical assistant in a clinic, preferred.
- Ability to relate and work with people of all authority levels, ages, social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer technology, including word processing, spreadsheet, and databases, required.
- Knowledge of medical procedures, required.
- Excellent communication skills, required.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant training and/or certificate required within 6 months of hire.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.