The Program Nurse is responsible for coordinating and implementing program services to meet the medical and medication management needs of the patients. This includes close collaboration with the attending physicians, affiliated pharmacy, and Program Clinical Coordinator.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Conducts nursing assessments on new patients.
- Supervises patient medications, maintains stock and PRN medications supply and upkeep of medical equipment.
- Coordinates all laboratory procedures, including Infection Control responsibilities.
- Arranges for treatment of patients’ medical needs, when necessary.
- Communicates effectively with the team structure to maintain a therapeutic milieu.
- Conducts psycho-educational and individual patient education when necessary and completes appropriate documentation.
- Serves as a member of the Treatment Team.
- Contacts others involved in patient care retarding medication/medical treatment issues, as needed.
- Participates as a team member in crisis intervention; assists in 5150 procedures.
- Coordinates and schedules patient session with attending physicians.
- Documents as needed in the medical record.
- Notes physician orders and follows through as needed.
- Coordinates physician documentation in the medical record; reviews progress notes and admission assessments; tracks physician documentation compliance.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement program as requested by the Operations Manager of Outpatient Behavioral Health.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required. Bachelors degree, preferred.
- Current CA RN license required
- BLS/CPR required
- NVCI within 90 days of hire or transfer, required.