The Senior Decision Support Analyst provides clinical data support and participation in cross-functional improvement teams. Evaluates data and indicators and identifies opportunities for improvement. The position provides recommendation of data to be collected, data preparation, analysis and assists in interpretation to aid in decision-making. Incumbent may serve as the facilitator to cross-functional teams. Responsible for benchmarks and best practices as appropriate for improvement initiatives.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Extracts, evaluates and interprets data and indicators to identify improvement opportunities.
- Advises departmental management on appropriate indicators and statistical analysis to optimally accomplish departmental functions.
- Provides support and research in benchmarks, best practices and external improvement initiatives to assist departments in efficiently managing improvement efforts.
- Completes business proformas as requested and demonstrate through knowledge of the aspects of proforma that include presentation of Statement of Revenue and Expenses, Cash Flow, Present Value, Capital Investment and ROI and other financial indicators.
- Assists in the development of a sound budget with the division leaders congruent with the strategic plan of the organization.
- In addition to providing data support to team efforts, assumes role of facilitator as requested.
- Provides independent, analytical solutions to detailed transactions.
- Handles large scope projects and applies knowledge of hospital systems to critically evaluate data and provide accurate analysis for queries and projects.
- Upon request produces detailed financial, operational and clinical reports to management with a goal of evaluating performance, analyzing trends, and/or meeting regulatory requirements.
- Provides formal or informal training to managers/staff in interpretation of analyses and reports.
- Maintains current understanding & expertise in financial, clinical, decision-support systems contributing to analyses as defined above.
- Actively participates in hospital committees and improvement teams as appropriate to assist in achieving goals as relates to data analysis.
- Develops and manages routine reports and data sets as required, based on assigned department.
- Develop skills in Lean improvement methodology and support Lean initiatives and rapid-improvement-events with data, techniques and facilitation in lean thinking.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, required. Access, preferred.
- Proven ability to develop, maintain and coordinate multiple department databases, including uploading/downloading of data, review and scrubbing of data elements, development of reports, queries, forms and macros necessary to ensure the usability and integrity of the data, required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in hospital finance, performance improvement or related area, required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with patient demographics: MSDRG’s, or ICD, or CPT coding data, preferred.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology obtained through education, training or experience, preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, required.
- Working knowledge Crystal Report Writer or other advanced analytical tools preferred. Working knowledge of Power Insight, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Alliance Decision Support or other decision support systems, preferred.
- High level of personal accountability for accuracy, attention to detail and completion of work assignments required.
- Professional demeanor is required in the following areas: confidentiality, timeliness, prioritization, judgment and business relationships, required.
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel within facility and physician areas, and work collaboratively with teams assuming facilitation responsibility, required.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, economics, management information systems, or related field required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.