This job performs a variety of housekeeping and janitorial duties to maintain order and sanitary conditions in patient care, administrative offices, and public areas.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Clean and maintain assigned areas according to TCMC standards.
- Maintain a safe environment at all time. This includes the proper use of wet floor signs.
- Use appropriate protective equipment while performing duties. This includes proper hand washing and hand sanitizing at all times.
- Understand the role and responsibility of the position in the event of a disaster.
- Clean discharge/occupied rooms according to the departmental training checklist.
- Maintain professional and courteous customer service at all times.
- Maintain current status with all hospital requirements (Annual TB Skin Test, Fit Testing, Net Learning, other requirements).
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
- Previous housekeeping / janitorial experience strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work with cleaning solutions and chemicals and have knowledge of proper handling of these cleaning solutions. Must demonstrate ability to complete on-the-job training, including the proper operational procedures for the cleaning equipment and tools, and must demonstrate knowledge of health and sanitation standards
- Required to read and understand written instructions and labels and to communicate with supervisors, health care staff and environmental service employees
- High school diploma or GED preferred
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.