Responsible for Film Library and front desk. Provides services in a manner consistent with TCMC’s mission, value and strategic plan.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Provides support to Radiologist, including dictation workflow, critical results notification, unread exam workflow, PACS workflow facilitation.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of the Cerner RadNet application. This includes patient Scheduling, film loan, check in-process, order entry, CD loan process, managing film folders in RadNet,
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of the PACS application.
- PACS trouble shooting to assist with patient image file location.
- Maintain specific knowledge of image filming off of PACS to adequately provide diagnostic quality paper and film images to support the loan request process. This includes providing the correct size of film appropriate to the study.
- Maintain specific knowledge of image CD burning on PACS to adequately provide diagnostic quality images. Double checks CD for data integrity and proper image reconciliation prior to sending out the CD.
- Logs and assigns work orders, problem reports and emergency requests when systems fail
- Follows up on work orders to assure customer satisfaction with radiology services.
- Understands the operations flow of the PACS applications to assist imaging technologist when necessary.
- Maintains computer skill and knowledge to digitize films and make copies of film.
- Provides excellent customer telephone support.
- Rotates shift to front desk reception, Women’s Center library, Women’s Center front desk, MRI reception front desk. OPIC reception front desk, Outpatient Nuclear Medicine reception front desk.
- Supports the radiology on-call process to ensure efficient timely staff call-back and patient care. Monitors the RadNet application for after hour’s procedures. Contacts the correct on call technologist.
- Film jacket management which includes creating master jackets and inserts. Storage management of film jackets including purging and redistributing storage file racks in the hospital storage and shed storage areas.
- Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.