This job ensures effective collection of all medical solid waste and trash throughout the facility as well as collection and distribution of linen and floor care maintenance. This position is also required to perform all duties of an Environmental Services Aid including housekeeping and janitorial duties to in patient care, administrative offices, and public areas.
Major Position Responsibilities:
Environmental Services Support Aide (Lift-Floor-Trash-Linen) Responsibilities:
- Collect bio waste and trash throughout the facility. Dispose of in proper receptacles.
- Collect and distribute linen.
- Maintain and clean floors according to organizational standards and following assigned schedule.
- Move and relocate patient beds.
- Move furniture, boxes, desks, supplies, and other equipment as assigned.
Environmental Services Aide Responsibilities:
- Clean and maintain assigned areas according to TCMC standards.
- Maintain a safe environment at all time. This includes the proper use of wet floor signs.
- Use appropriate protective equipment while performing duties. This includes proper hand washing and hand sanitizing.
- Understand the role and responsibility of the position in the event of a disaster.
- Clean discharge/occupied rooms according to the departmental training checklist.
- Maintain professional and courteous customer service at all times.
- Maintain current status with all hospital requirements (Annual TB Skin Test, Fit Testing, Net Learning, other requirements).
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
- Responsible to safely move heavy equipment, bins, receptacles.
- Ability to push and pull a minimum of 750 lbs., required.
- Ability to lift and move a minimum of 75 lbs., required.
- Ability to understand proper floor care, required.
- Ability to understand trash collection and proper trash disposal, required.
- Ability to understand linen collection and proper linen distribution, required.
- Ability to understand proper lifting and moving heavy objects, required.
- Ability to work with and properly handle cleaning solutions and chemicals, required.
- Ability to complete on-the-job training, including the proper operational procedures for the cleaning equipment and tools, and must demonstrate knowledge of health and sanitation standards, required.
- Minimum of 1 year previous housekeeping / janitorial experience, preferred.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and labels in English, required.
- Ability to communicate with supervisors, health care staff and environmental service employees, required.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.