The Clerk/Receptionist provides clerical support for the Rehabilitation Services Department. This individual assists in responding to the staff members, patients, vendors, visitors, and guests of the Rehabilitation Services department. Receives and coordinates incoming and outgoing telephone calls, scheduling, cancellations, therapy orders, transportation coordination, and insurance authorization. Attends departmental and insurance update meetings when required. Completes chart preparation for new patients as appropriate. Supports the mission and values of the Medical Center, and acts as a role model relative to the Medical Center’s Service Care Program.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Manages and coordinates daily office functions, receiving patients, vendors, visitors, and guests to department.
- Efficiently receives/coordinates incoming telephone calls.
- Assists new patients with completion of paperwork, questions, scheduling and rescheduling appointments.
- Completes chart preparation for new patients.
- Receives and logs inpatient orders.
- Collects and credits co-payments for therapy sessions attended by patients
- Coordinates transportation for all neurological and pediatric outpatients.
- Completes and obtains insurance verification and authorization in a timely manner.
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
- Computer experience, including Windows applications
- Typing/word processing speed of 40 WPM
- Must have excellent communication, telephone and organizational skills
- Professional manner and attitude toward the general public is required
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Insurance knowledge and two years in healthcare field services preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.