Provides first-line support to IT customers, includes, but not limited to hospital staff and physicians, troubleshooting problems with PCs (client hardware and software), printers, thin clients, or other network-attached devices. Logs and assigns work orders, problem reports and emergency requests. Follows up on work orders to assure customer satisfaction with IT service. Understands the operations flow of IT applications, and provides coverage for early morning computer operations, as needed.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with other Customer Support team members to deliver excellent customer service in solving problems expeditiously. Provides immediate response to emergency Help Desk calls, and escalates as needed. Follows up with customers to assure that service meets expectations, and documents problems and solutions.
- Collaborates with Information Technology management and staff to assure that information gathered by the Customer Support team is incorporated into Continuous Quality Improvement via customer training classes, one-to-one follow-up, system improvements, and other processes.
- Participates in supporting the TCMC network. Provides input from the Customer Support team to the regular review of the network, assessment of new technologies, and incorporation of appropriate technologies into the network design.
- Participates in creating an effective multidisciplinary approach to meeting Information Technology challenges.
On a rotating schedule with other Customer Support staff:
- Provides coverage for early morning computer operations, as needed
- Provides evening, night, weekend and holiday on-call support, as needed, for the operation of Client network devices
- When on call, obtains backup emergency consulting support from Information Technology engineers, analysts or managers, as needed
- Seeks out and shares information from vendors and other facilities to stay abreast of new technologies, and to appropriately match technologies to TCMC requirements. Understands and disseminates product information for key technologies.
- Participates in the development and implementation of process improvement projects ensuring the continued delivery of quality products and services.
- Performs additional duties to assist the organization in maximizing the use of its resources.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications:ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician, or equivalent combination of education and experience (proven expertise with Customer Support PC software such as Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Outlook.
- A basic understanding of methods for installing, maintaining and troubleshooting Client hardware and software, including network basics.
- Increasingly responsible experience as a Help Desk technician.
- Desirable qualifications include networking hardware and software expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with diverse groups of people.
- High School diploma or GED, required.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.