An Advanced Care Technician, or ACT-Float work under the direction of a Registered Nurse, provides basic patient care and comfort measures for assigned patients. These duties are not to exclude other duties that may be assigned. Provides care for infant (0-1 year of age), emergency pediatric (1-13 years of age), and adult (14 years of age and older) populations.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Provides comfort measures to patients.
- Provides assistance with patient’s daily needs.
- Assists patients with meals as needed.
- Records and reports observations to immediate supervisor, including temperature, pulse, weight, and daily input and output.
- Cleans and prepares medical equipment. Reports condition of equipment.
- Assists in transporting patients, as necessary.
- Formula preparation (NICU Department)
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- ACT: 3-6 months previous experience in an acute care facility, preferred.
- ACT-Float: 1-Year previous experience in an acute care facility, preferred.
- NICU Department: Minimum 2 years CNA experience, required. Pediatric experience strongly preferred.
- Basic computer skills, required.
- Must be able to speak, read and follow instructions in English, required.
- Knowledge of electronic charting, preferred.
- One or more of the following is required upon hire:
- Current California Certified Nurse Assistant Certification, or
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse, or
- Corpsman (military), or
- Nursing student that has completed the fundamentals of nursing including initial assessment and taking vitals.
- Current BLS certification required
- NVCI within 90 days of hire or transfer, required (ED, BHU IP & OP and Forensics only)
- Maintain a minimum of 10 related to work CE from TCMC, or other source annually in lieu of maintaining licensure.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.