This position assists the technologist in all non-technical aspects of imaging examinations including assisting with the movement of patients, record keeping, documentation of imaging procedures, compiling films, and properly submitting the images for interpretation. Maintains all standards of conduct and ethics as outlined in the patient care division and department expectations.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Works under the direction of the technical or clinical team of the department.
- Responsible for film library/front desk functions and film purging.
- Responsible for RadNet application including patient tracking, historical record review.
- Responsible for PACS application expertise: PACS procedure QA management, digital work-list image processing, filming studies, hard copy film digitizing or OR and outside studies, CD burning and other digital workflow as needed.
- Assists the technologist and clinical nursing staff in all non licensed or certified aspects of imaging examinations including assisting with the movement of patients and exam table positioning.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of patient and equipment safety in all Radiology and Cardiology individual cost centers.
- Supports general housekeeping throughout the departments, equipment cleaning, high dusting, transport gurney cleaning to include maintenance work orders ensuring safe transport equipment, and other duties as needed.
- Provides assistance to the technical or clinical team in performing complex patient lifts, transfers, transporting patients, discharging and positioning of patients.
- Works collaboratively with other Radiology Support team members to deliver excellent customer service in solving problems expeditiously.
- Provides immediate response and feedback to patient flow, routes complex transport or technical problems to his/her immediate supervisor appropriate management or technical staff. Follows-up with customers to assure that service meets expectations, and documents problems and solutions.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
- 1 year patient care experience
- High School diploma or GED
- BLS certification
- Ability to lift and transport patients
- Knowledge of radiology workflow, equipment and processes.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.