The Electrician performs services according to established procedures. Performs primarily routine repairs and preventative maintenance on hospital electrical systems and equipment. In addition, may perform other maintenance duties throughout the hospital, including but not be limited to plumbing, electrical, general clean-up and maintenance.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance, building alterations, and new construction of the organizations electrical distribution systems and associated equipment within a health care facility including off site facilities.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all electrical high voltage switch gear/boards, circuits and control panels including emergency power equipment and low voltage control systems.
- Maintains receptacles, ground fault circuits and power switching devices in proper working order. Monitors and inspects work to ensure compliance with codes and regulations.
- Performs other electrical system repairs such as fire protection, building mechanical control systems, security and life safety systems.
- Installs new wiring systems, inspects and performs safety tests on electrical equipment and isolates defects. Retains instruction manuals, blueprints and other related materials.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal requirements in regards to all applicable codes and standards including “The Joint Commission” and energy management programs.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, required.
- Experience working within a building maintenance electrical environment, including high voltage electrical distribution systems, emergency generator systems, transformers, motor controls, lighting, wiring, automatic transfer systems, and mechanical systems, required.
- Ability to read prints, wiring diagrams, ladder diagrams, and schematic drawings, required.
- Experience trouble shooting electromechanical equipment and devices, required.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills, required.
- Strong project management skills, required.
- Knowledge of the state requirements for health care facilities, required.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform plumbing repairs and maintenance, required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience working with electrical systems, required.
- Minimum of three (3) years Hospital OSPD and California Title 24 or FGI experience, required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- California driver license required
- Apprentice level skills and experience, required
- Journeyman certification, preferred.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.