Demonstrates advanced clinical skills in a specialty area. Provides clinical expertise and mentoring. Is a resource and professional role model for other therapists and staff. Performs evaluations, develops, and implements treatment plan for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and/or geriatric populations with various diagnoses, utilizing accepted therapy procedures and techniques. Maintains professional standards of conduct and ethics as outlined in department expectations and professional organizations.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Initiates and participates in development of clinically-oriented projects, programs and specialty-specific clinical outcomes and pathways.
- Actively participates in the development of multidisciplinary educational resources for staff in conjunction with staff education coordinator and in ensuring staff competency.
- Assists in the supervision of other staff members, students, and volunteers, as appropriate.
- Provides ongoing education to patients, families, caregivers, and other health professionals.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of three years of overall clinical experience, two years in a specialty area, required.
- Excellent communication and teaching skills, required.
- Exemplary professionalism, teamwork, and flexibility required.
- Membership in the American Physical or Occupational Therapy Association preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Physical or Occupational Therapy with a Master’s Degree or higher, required.
- Licensed as a physical or occupational therapist by the California State Board of Medical Quality Assurance.
- BLS required upon hire.
- Advanced certification in at least 1 specialty area, required
- Board Certification in a specialty area preferred
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.