This position will work independently and be responsible for screening applications for positions, initiating contact with qualified applicants, performing telephone screening to determine which applicants should be referred to the department for further review and scheduling those appointments. This position will also be responsible for responding to all phone/correspondence inquiries generated from external lead generating activities, both locally and on a national and international level. This position will work with foreign nurses to ensure their compliance with all regulatory requirements to allow them to work in the USA.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Receives, reviews, evaluates and makes initial contact with applicants for assigned areas of responsibility. Determines if skills and behaviors meet expectations and refers qualified applicants to departments for further review.
- Reviews all benefits and CMC information with the applicant and schedules appointments with department.
- Maintains current knowledge of legal requirements and compliance with current legislation.
- Ensures all telephone, written inquires and mailings regarding employment are responded to in a timely fashion.
- Organizes and attends job fairs, career days and recruitment luncheons.
- Maintains data for reporting accurate recruitment activities.
- Regularly interacts with departments to ensure current knowledge of environment, internally and externally to recognize and address current trends, report new findings to compensation or appropriate departments, and perform as an informed resource to management.
- Ensures timely advertising of vacancies, internally and externally.
- Maintains good working relationships with various key lead generating sources to create recruitment opportunities, advertising agency to develop creative advertising tools, and TCMC to effectively share information and maintain an awareness of trends and changes in the environment.
- Work with the Business partners to identify recruitment opportunities, develop new ideas/programs and tools and continuously evaluate services.
- Follow written standards/guidelines to ensure consistent stellar recruitment process/documentation experiences. Continuously evaluate the applicant experience data and improve processes.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
Must be proficient in MS Office Outlook, Excel and Candidate Tracking systems.
Ability to prioritize multiple demands and meet time deadlines.
Must be thorough, detail oriented, and able to produce error-free work while multi-tasking.
Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality at all times.
Ability to operate basic office equipment such a phone, fax, copier and printer.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of full cycle recruiting experience required.
- Previous healthcare experience, preferred.
- Previous experience with automated applicant tracking required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, and organizational skills required.
- Requires the ability to function in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.