Supervises and coordinates the clinical operation of the laboratory during the PM shift to ensure the provision of quality patient care. This position is accountable for staffing coordination and resource utilization of the PM and night shifts to ensure the delivery of laboratory services to meet organizational strategic goals.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Supervises the laboratory staff on the PM shift.
- Coordinates staff and resources to meet lab turn around time and other performance goals.
- Ensures organized transition from PM to night shift.
- Helps to identify barriers to the achievement of service goals.
- Identifies issues and recurrent problems that lead to the staff’s inability to effectively improve clinical outcomes or work efficiently. Collaborates with the laboratory management to provide solutions and resources for resolution.
- Assists lab management to ensure high level of professional practice and maintains lab services according to policies, procedures and standards.
- Champions change based on organizational priorities.
- Performs additional duties as may be assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Must a have a minimum of six years recent experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist in a clinical laboratory.
- Two years of experience in a leadership position is preferred.
- Be capable of applying excellent judgment and communication skills to the job.
Valid California license as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist required