Provides first-line support to IT customers; including, but not limited to hospital staff, physicians and patients.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Respond to IT support calls, tickets and e-mails. Prioritize, troubleshoot and resolve hardware/software, telecom and network issues and escalate if needed.
- Interact with end users to gather information about problems and work through necessary diagnostics to analyze and resolve problems.
- Perform installs, upgrades and moves of IT equipment.
- Configure new PCs, laptops, phones and peripheral equipment.
- Carry out IT related tasks as assigned.
- Participate in on-call coverage on a rotational schedule.
- Remains current on technology, products and methods by obtaining new information via classes, subscriptions, seminars, etc.
- Communicates trends, resolved problems and delays.
- Fosters positive, interpersonal relationships and professional image by adhering to service standards with internal and external customers.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working on Windows Active Directory, required .
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SCCM, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, required.
- Proficient in MS Office and Outlook, required.
- Good understanding of basic Networking concepts (TCP/IP), OSI model, required.
- Basic understanding of server/client infrastructure, required.
- Familiar with Virtualization, VDI and thin client environments, required.
- Familiar with enterprise Anti-virus solutions, required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with diverse groups of people, required.
- High School diploma or GED, required.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- A+ certifications, MCITP or CCENT, preferred.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.