The Systems Support Specialist works under the direction of the IT Director, and with the technical guidance of the Technical Services senior team members, to assure the integrity and reliability of TCMC systems.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Work with senior team members optimizing workstation images.
- Carryout everyday tasks in Active Directory creating/deleting of users and change permissions as needed.
- Use SCCM to manage infrastructure.
- Help monitor system alerts and logs.
- Work with file and print servers.
- Work with team members to optimize Configuration manager.
- Participate in the maintenance of end user and network attached devices.
- Train other IT employees on solutions and deployments as needed.
- Manage vendor licensing, updates and renewals.
- Takes escalations from Tier 1/Tier 2 support staff and evaluates/resolves/escalates as needed.
- Monitor enterprise Anti-virus system and take measures to keep the infrastructure secure.
- Performs other IT related tasks as assigned.
- Participates in a rotating on-call schedule.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with MS Active Directory Users and Computers, required.
- Experience using MS SCCM for image deployments and other tasks, required.
- Experience creating MS Windows image, required.
- Experience with MS Exchange and email clients, required.
- Experience with an Enterprise Anti-virus solution, required.
- Experience with wireless network troubleshooting, required.
- Fundamental understanding of DNS, DHCP, required.
- Fundamental understanding of Networking topologies and concepts, required.
- Experience with VMware Desktop Virtualization, preferred.
- Experience with MS Exchange and email clients, preferred.
- Experience with VoIP technologies, preferred..
- Associates degree in IT or related field, preferred.
- MCSA, required.
- MCSE, preferred.
- CCNA, preferred.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.