Primary responsibilities are for expert administration of the donor database and growing an effective giving program. Oversee multiple direct mailing projects, data integrity, statistical reporting and analysis, mailing list, donor/prospect research; and relationship administration, including program development, donor cultivation and stewardship.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Donor Database Administrator
- Oversight, and maintenance of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge fundraising software and database.
- Maintain accuracy of all data and help create, customize, and produce accurate reports that will enhance strategic planning for Foundation campaigns on a regular basis.
- Clean and correct data daily that includes change of address, emails, community placement, deceased records, birthdates, new donor information, and conduct donor research as time allows.
- Assist Accounting in tracking and reporting gift receipt information, gift pledges and prepare pledge reminders.
- Prepare revisions of acknowledgement letters on an ongoing basis to reflect the life and vibrancy of the institution.
- Responsible for the overall quality control of Raiser’s Edge data and the institutional communication it generates.
- Daily communication with Accounting to support and ensure all mutual duties/goals are met.
- Provide support to staff by assisting with creating reports and mailing lists, developing and implementing policies and procedures as appropriate to position.
- Donor Relations
- Develop creative connections between and among the community, events, programs, and their associated circles.
- Discover donor companies’ corporate social responsibility and/or workplace giving objectives, identify opportunities that align with the Foundation’s goals, and work with staff to create engagement initiatives and opportunities.
- Generate gift acknowledgements in a timely manner, processing all gifts within 48 hours of receipt.
- Administer communications with past donors.
- Assist with writing and distribution of donor-related emails and news release for employee giving program.
- Support presentation on the history, mission, and current status of the Foundation at meetings and seminars.
- Assist with the Foundation’s programs to recognize the contributions of donors to the organization.
- Strategically secure funds through corporate sponsorships, events, and projects for community impact initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with Tri-City Hospital District in the development of our mutual mission.
- Work with volunteers, board members, community leaders, and employees.
- Participate and assist with Foundation-related community forums, events, and activities.
- Completes all other appropriate duties as assigned.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in program administration and project administration, required.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a customer service related discipline, required.
- Experience in a not-for-profit, required.
- Fluency in Raiser’s Edge program, preferred.
- Proven track record of effective database administration, required.
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy and efficient time management, required.
- Ability to report regularly and efficiently to the Foundation Development Team, required.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and manage multiple tasks and details, required.
- Must be capable of working with sensitive information with complete confidentiality, required.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), required.
- Advanced computer skills required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), required.
- Must be knowledgeable in regard to special event planning, required.
- Project management skills, required.
- Must be knowledgeable in regard to direct mail production and mailing, required.
- Ability to work with volunteers, board members, community leaders and employees, required.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferred.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.