The Learning Coordinator has the advanced knowledge and proven application of searching and evaluating medical literature and technologies. The incumbent will work as a team member of to provide evidence and information seeking support. Responsibilities include meeting with key personnel individually and/or collectively to address their information needs, interfacing with the appropriate departments to collaborate on developing and implementing solution oriented strategies/ technologies and developing a system that effectively disseminates information/training on strategies/technologies.
The Learning Coordinator is also responsible for planning and administering the facilities, collection and services of the Medical Library. This person provides reference service, literature search service, and library/internet instruction to the medical staff, employees, patients and auxiliary members of the Tri-City Medical Center. Oversees library collection of journals and textbooks, organizes the library to meet users’ needs and organizational goals, identifies needed resources, contributes to budget planning and makes contributions that improve library operations. Acts as liaison between the Library and other departments.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with TCMC departments in developing tools, processes and structures that assist personnel in all aspects of electronic clinical learning technology to enhance their daily administrative functions and clinical decision-making.
- Develops and offers courses and training sessions to increase the effective and efficient use of Net Learning, Net Competency and other applications.
- Implements process to disseminate information on new applications/products, markets the benefits of existing
- Applications/products, and solicits information/feedback of the effectiveness of information technologies.
- Gathers, analyzes information and prepares summaries and detailed reports related to the creation of a learning lab, retention of nursing staff, and other projects, as assigned.
- Provides reference assistance to physicians and TCMC staff including literature database searches and interlibrary loan.
- Coordinates current awareness services for physicians and hospital staff, including routing of current table of contents dissemination of news articles, and CME materials.
- Administers library’s collection of journals, publications and reference manuals. Responsible for payment of invoices, cataloging, and aiding in budget preparation.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated ability to readily grasp new applications and functionality of clinical learning systems.
- Ability to identify and seek opportunities to learn about new technologies and to apply and promote the benefits of their use
- Proficient with medical databases and resources, reference and search techniques and interlibrary loan. Knowledge of library processes,
- Procedures and technical service activities such as acquiring, processing, cataloging, maintaining and circulating resources.
- Proficient in the use of computers and current software applications used in a library.
- Able to multi-task, to prioritize responsibilities, to remain professional during interruptions, and to work independently
- With little supervision.
- Excellent customer centered telephone, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate
- And work collaboratively with personnel at all levels.
- Physically capable of shifting books/volumes on shelves and relocating books/volumes to and from storage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science required.